Friday, February 22, 2013

Milestone

Got a complete draft of my article (actually a chapter for a book that a colleague here in Sharjah is editing) done.  About 10,000 words.  I should cut 2,500-3,000 words, but it feels good to have the draft done.  A milestone!  I wrote this in the past three weeks, though it's based on research I did in Lebanon two years ago, and based on two presentations I've given about the work.  I've had slides from those two presentations as well as data and other notes spread out on my dining room table for three weeks.  This is a good time to switch to a new venue for working.  For the next project I'm working on, I might get into the habit of writing in the library and work there for a few weeks.

At any rate, WRITE.  EVERY.  DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment