Monday, March 25, 2013

A bachelor no more

Nicole arrived safely late last night.  I took the Metro to the Dubai airport early to wait for her, which gave me time to study my Arabic lessons and worry.  I was extra anxious about all the little things that my brain told me could go wrong: customs might not approve of one of the entries (Syria? Egypt?) recorded in her passport, passport control might question why she's getting a 30-day entry visa when her return ticket isn't for another two months (she plans to exit and re-enter U.A.E. at least once or twice thereby re-starting the 30 days), etc, etc.  Alas, no problems.  Can't say how great it was to see her making her way past the car rental kiosks!  We grabbed a taxi and made it back to Sharjah by 2:00 a.m., too late for a school night.  Yep, got to my 8:00am class on time today.  Welcome, Nicole.  Three days until Spring Break.  Three days until we leave for Armenia.

No comments:

Post a Comment